MSU Museum Auditorium
Location: East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
Description: Natural Resources of Northern Michigan, 1936 Carl H. Frezell (American, 1901 – 1970) Oil on canvas, artist’s painted wood frame Michigan State University Museum, 2nd floor Auditorium* * Note: The Frezell mural is located in the MSU Museum auditorium, which is open during educational programs and by special arrangement. Contact museum staff to view the mural. Originally intended for the Bessemer Courthouse boardroom in the Upper Peninsula, Natural Resources of Northern Michigan was given to Frances and Walter M. Berry sometime in the mid 1940s in appreciation for their years of local and statewide community service. The mural hung in the Caspian Community Center where Berry worked before becoming the Director of the Federal Emergency Relief Administration. In 1957, the Berrys donated the mural to the Michigan State University Museum, where it now hangs in the Auditorium on the second floor.
Order: Stop 4
<-- Previous Next -->
Return to Tour