Location: East Lansing, MI, USA
Description: MSU Music Building, 1940 and 1956 Ralph R. Calder Architect and Associates The hipped roof, limestone trim and simple design of the PWA-funded Music Building complement the Collegiate Gothic and other architectural styles of this historic section of campus. The large, metal-framed windows, however, allude to future stylistic developments. Samuel Cashwan, supervisor of the Michigan Sculpture Program for the WPA, designed the Art Deco limestone reliefs framing the southwest entrance. They depict images of dance and performance, such as children dancing to the beat of drums.
Order: Stop 6
<-- Previous Next -->
Return to Tour