Jenison Field House
Location: East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
Description: Jenison Fieldhouse, 1940 Orlie Munson The estate of alumnus Frederick Cowles Jenison and the PWA funded this building, originally designed to house male athletic activities. Characteristic of early 1940s architecture, the horizontal and vertical elements culminate in a monumental entrance, accentuated by low reliefs. From left to right, these glass-brick limestone reliefs depict basketball, football, and baseball athletes. The main entrance hall is embellished with Art Deco details from the brass and wood staircase railing to the streamlined, geometric lighting in the foyer and main lobby.
Order: Stop 8
<-- Previous Next -->
Return to Tour